Our Sustainability Commitment
Sustainability and what it means to us
christmas at bow
Ways in which we reduce our carbon fooprint
- 100% of our food waste is locally recycled, reducing landfill waste.
- We have installed solar panels to increase our solar usage to up to 100%.
- We support local growers & local food produce by purchasing from local suppliers wherever possible.
- Our lighting will all become 100%
- We grow our own vegetables for use in ourWaterside Cafe reducing food miles.
- Our heaters are air sourced heaters that are mainly solar run.
We are reducing single use plastics by using suppliers with recyclable materials including plant pots & Cafe packaging.
We recycle 100% of our metal & plastic waste, cooking oil & our pallets are 100% recycled. We also recycle 100% of our plant pots & trays.
Reducing Stress on the UK's Water Supply
We are encouraging customers to use water-retaining products. 100% of our water is supplied via a borehole & some harvesting.
We extended our peat-free offering and will phase peat out completely by 2024. We use mainly peat-free grown plants and are increasingly sourcing more. We are promoting more Eco-friendly & natural products.